- 1 1/4 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/4 c. plus 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar , divided usage
- 2 tsp. freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/3 c. melted butter
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 c. Daisy Sour Cream, divided
- 2 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees. Place a 13×9″ baking pan filled with water on the bottom rack of the oven.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 c. sugar, lemon zest and melted butter until well mixed.
- Pat the crust mixture on the bottom and 1″ up the side of a 9″ spring-form pan with a removable bottom.
- Using heavy duty foil, wrap the bottom and sides of the cheesecake pan with foil; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, 1 c. of sour cream, 1 c. of sugar, flour, vanilla and salt at medium speed until smooth and creamy (1 to 2 minutes).
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating 10 to 15 seconds after each addition. Do not overbeat.
- Add the lemon juice, beating on low speed, just until mixed (10 to 15 seconds).
- Pour the batter into the prepared spring-form pan. Place the cheesecake on the middle rack above the pan of water.
- Bake until the sides of the cheesecake are set and the center is jiggly, but not wet (50 to 60 minutes). DO NOT OVERBAKE or the cheesecake will crack. Turn off the oven.
- Prop open the oven door with a wooden spoon. Leave the cheesecake in the oven for one hour.
- Remove from the oven and carefully rim the sides of the pan to loosen the cheesecake.
To Prepare Topping:
- In a small bowl, stir together 3/4 c. of sour cream and the remaining 1 Tbsp. of sugar.
- Spread the sour cream mixture on the top of the cheesecake.
Place in the refrigerator for 6 to 24 hours, until completely cooled. Remove the sides of the spring-form pan. Cut the lemony cheesecake into pieces and serve. Refrigerate leftovers immediately.