- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbps. lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3/4 cup OIKOS Anything But Plain Blended Greek Yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Plugra Butter, melted
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced for topping
- 1 heaping Tbsp. sugar for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray, then line with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt and turmeric in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine the one cup of sugar with the lemon zest. Use a fork or whisk until the sugar is moistened with the lemon, and the sugar is a pale yellow.
- Whisk in the Oikos Yogurt, eggs, and lemon juice until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring with spatula until just combined. Fold in the melted Plugra butter.
- Spread the batter into the prepared loaf pan, smoothing the top. Top with lemon slices and sprinkle a generous tablespoon of sugar evenly over the top.
- Bake the cake for 50-60 minutes until golden brown on the edges and a toothpick comes out clean.
Serve with a dollop of yogurt and thawed frozen blueberries for an extra special touch!