- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) Rosina Italian Style Meatballs
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 1/4 cups Arborio rice (risotto rice)
- 1 Tsp. butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano - Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Romano cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Asiago cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp. chives, thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp. basil pesto
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook meatballs according to the package instructions.
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, add the olive oil, add the onion and season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 3 minutes or until the onions are slightly soft.
- Add the stock and garlic. Bring the liquid to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 6 minutes.
- Add the rice and simmer for 18 minutes, stirring constantly, or until the mixture is creamy and bubbly. Add the butter, cream, cheese and chives. Re-season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve topped with meatballs, spoon 4 teaspoons of basil pesto over the risotto and garnish with chopped chives and extra Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.