Recipe At A Glance
Our friends at Mr. Food Test Kitchen have come up with a sweet, cool treat for your tastebuds. What could be better than an ice cream sundae? How about an ice cream sundae that’s just for you?! Mr Food’s Ice Cream Sundae Cupcakes are made in a muffin tin, so you can have just the right-sized sundae to satisfy your sweet tooth. From the brownie base to the cherry on top, these ice cream sundaes are a summertime must-have!
- 1 (18.4-oz.) package brownie mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 6 c. ice cream (flavor of your choice)
- 1 (8-oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Assorted chopped nuts, sprinkles, or crushed candies
- 24 maraschino cherries with stems
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin cups with paper liners.
- Spoon 1/4 cup brownie batter into each muffin cup. Bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely. (Do not remove from muffin pan.)
- When brownies have cooled, remove ice cream from freezer and allow to thaw until slightly softened. Spoon 1/4 cup ice cream over each brownie. Gently spread with a knife, creating a flat and even layer.
- Cover and freeze at least 4 hours or overnight. When ready to serve, add toppings.