- 1-(11.25 oz) box Pepperidge Farm® Garlic Texas Toast
- 1 1/2 cups refried beans
- 8 slices cooked ham or Canadian bacon
- 6-8 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup Mexican cheese mix
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 1-1 inch wide slice of white onion
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo + 1 tablespoon adobo
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 fresh cilantro sprigs
Pre-heat oven at 425 degrees F.
Here is a tip on a trick for how to make an exceptionally tasty, smoky salsa. Roast the tomatoes and onion on top of a hot comal or cast iron pan.
Then, place roasted tomatoes -without peeling them because you want to keep that charred skin and all its flavor- roasted onion, chipotle peppers, adobo, garlic, salt and cilantro in the blender and mix well. Set aside.
- Tip: Make one or two additional hot and spicy salsas and let your guests or family decide which one they would like on top. A few options: green salsa, habanero salsa, chunky red salsa or avocado salsa.
- Pop the Pepperidge Farm® Texas Toast frozen bread slices right out of the freezer and place them down flat on an ungreased oven tray. Bake according to the instructions on the package, approx. 5 minutes, turning it over after 3 minutes for browning on both sides.
While the bread is baking, warm up the beans and set the rest of the ingredients nearby. Another trick: if you would like to add an extra layer of flavor, try smashing a small chipotle pepper into the refried beans when you are heating them up.
- Pour olive oil in a non-stick pan and cook one sunny side up egg to desired consistency for each piece of toast.
- Remove bread from oven. Cover slices with a layer of refried beans, then a layer of Canadian bacon or ham.
- Place the egg on top of the Canadian bacon or ham, cover with salsa, cheese and salt and pepper to taste.