- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 (17.3-oz) pkgs. frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce, warmed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, spinach, Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder; mix well and set aside.
- Unfold two puff pastry sheets on a flat surface. Using a 2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out 18 hearts. If you don’t have one you can pick one up in any kitchen store or you can make these round. To do so, use the edge of a drinking glass to cut out the dough.
- Place about 1 heaping teaspoon of spinach cheese mixture on 9 pastry hearts, spreading almost to edges.
- Place remaining 9 pastry hearts over spinach cheese mixture and using a fork, pinch the dough together. Place on a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining puff pastry sheets and spinach cheese mixture.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Serve piping hot with a spoonful of spaghetti sauce.