- 1 (18.25- to 18.9-oz.) package cherry chip cake mix
- or white cake mix with confetti
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 (7-oz.) jar marshmallow creme
- Eyes: decorator or chocolate chips, string licorice
- Nose: red gumdrops or gumballs
- Mouth: gummy fruit slices, cut in half lengthwise
- Hair: cotton candy
- Cheeks: decorator candies
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place paper baking cups into muffin pan cups; set aside.
Combine all cupcake ingredients in large bowl; beat according to package directions. Fill each prepared muffin cup 2/3 full. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
Beat 3/4 cup Land O' Lakes® Butter in large bowl at medium speed until creamy. Reduce speed to low; add powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until well mixed. Increase speed to high; add marshmallow creme. Beat until creamy. Frost cooled cupcakes.
Just before serving, create clown faces on cupcakes using decorations as desired.
TIP: For a fun party idea, bake and frost cupcakes as directed. Place decoration ingredients in separate bowls and let each child create his own clown face.
TIP: Cotton candy becomes hard and shrivels if you put it on too far in advance. It is best to add cotton candy just before serving.
TIP: If frosting is too thin, beat in additional powdered sugar.