- 1 (14- to 16-oz.) package refrigerated pumpkin cookie dough (or your favorite flavor)
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Halloween-colored sprinkles, candy coated chocolate pieces, and candy eyes for decorating
- Prepare the cookies according to package directions. Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack; let cookies cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over half of the cookies and lightly press remaining cookies on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Decorate cookies with Halloween candy as seen in the photo.
- Serve, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Test Kitchen Tip:
To decorate spider cookies, place a miniature peanut butter cup, upside-down, on top of each warm cookie. When cookies are cooled, decorate with candy eyes and melted chocolate chips for spider legs.