Recipe At A Glance
Hosting a spooky bash? Serve up Mr. Food Test Kitchen’s Halloween Chili Pie for a dish that’s frightfully delicious! And thanks to a refrigerated shortcut, this hearty beef pie is ready for eatin’ before anyone starts feeling a little ghoulish!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 (12-oz.) package frozen peppers and onions, thawed
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16-oz.) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 rolled refrigerated pie crust (from a 14.1-oz. pkg.)
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Coat a 9-inch deep dish pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté ground beef with peppers and onions 8 to 10 minutes, or until no pink remains, stirring occasionally.
- Drain excess liquid.
- Add tomato sauce, kidney beans, chili powder, garlic powder and salt.
- Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Spoon chili into pie plate.
- Place pie crust over chili and trim excess dough from around edges.
- Cut excess dough into shapes for Jack O’Lantern eyes, nose and mouth and place on top of pie crust. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Note: Serve with sour cream and cheddar cheese.