Recipe At A Glance
Featured ProductRosina® Italian Style Meatballs
- 1 package (12 oz.) Rosina Italian Style Meatballs
- 4 artisan flatbread crusts
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 oz. fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced ¼” thick
- 4 tablespoons basil pesto
- Arrange meatballs on a microwave safe dish. Heat on high for 2 minutes, set aside for later use.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the red onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes until transparent and fragrant.
- Place the flatbread on a parchment lined cookie sheet; spoon 1/2 cup of marinara sauce evenly over each flatbread crust, then arrange 5-6 Mozzarella slices on each flatbread.
- Slice the cooked meatballs in half and arrange across each flatbread. Spoon some of the red onion and garlic between each meatball.
- Place flatbreads into the oven for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and spoon 4 teaspoons of basil pesto across each flatbread, then let rest for 2 minutes before serving.
*To cook on the grill:
- Saute garlic and onion per above.
- Grill flatbread on each side until there are slight char marks on each side.
- Prepare the flatbread by spooning marinara sauce over each crust, then arranging mozzarella cheese, meatballs, and red onion and garlic mixture.
- Place flatbread back on the grill until cheese has melted, 6 minutes and spoon basil pesto across each flatbread.