Recipe At A Glance
Make it your Best Brunch Yet and impress your guests with this delicious Grilled Asparagus with Poached Egg & Lemon-Cream Sauce recipe.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 1 cup Best Yet® heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh Best Yet® lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Best Yet® unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon Best Yet® plain salt
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon Best Yet® ground black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon Best Yet® extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Best Yet® distilled white vinegar
- 4 Best Yet® large eggs
1. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. In small saucepot, cook cream over medium-high heat 3 minutes or just until cream simmers. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until cream is reduced to 1/2 cup, stirring occasionally during last 5 minutes of cooking. Remove saucepot from heat; whisk in lemon juice, butter, tarragon and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm. Makes about 2/3 cup.
2. Meanwhile, in large bowl, toss asparagus with oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Place asparagus on hot grill rack; cover and cook 6 minutes or until asparagus is tender-crisp, turning occasionally.
3. Fill large skillet or sauté pan with enough water to come halfway up sides. Add vinegar and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Reduce heat so that water is barely simmering. Crack eggs, 1 at a time, into small cup. Slowly slide each egg into water while immersing cup slightly in water. Cook 4 minutes. Egg whites should be cooked through and yolks should be soft. With slotted spoon, transfer each egg to paper towel-lined plate. If desired, with paring knife, trim oﬀ any loose egg white.
4. Divide asparagus between each of 4 salad plates. Carefully place 1 egg over asparagus on each plate; pour about 2 1/2 tablespoons sauce over egg and asparagus.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 356 Calories, 31g Fat (18g Saturated), 275mg Cholesterol, 459mg Sodium, 7g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 10g Protein