- 1/2 cup (1 stick) + 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 oz. bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/8 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Prepare a 9 x 11 baking dish by coating with nonstick spray and a dusting of flour, on bottom and sides. Set aside.
- Melt together the butter, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and unsweetened chocolate on top of a double boiler. Stir well to combine and remove from heat to let cool, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine eggs, sugar, instant coffee, and vanilla. Stir into chocolate mixture and continue to let it cool to room temperature (about another 30 minutes).
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to cooled chocolate mixture.
- Toss together the dark chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and remaining flour, to coat. Fold into batter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until the ‘brownie crust’ appears and batter no longer jiggles in the center. Remove from oven and let cool completely on a cooling rack. TIP: If you insert a tester (or toothpick) for doneness, it may not come out clean. It will set up to a dense fudgy brownie after refrigerated though.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or for several hours before cutting into squares. TIP: Let the brownies sit out for about 10 minutes before cutting to make it easier.