- 1 (10 to 12-oz. package shortbread cookies, crushed to make 2 cups
- 1/3 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, melted
- 32 oz. (6 cups) fresh strawberries, hulled, cut in half
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Land O Lakes® Heavy Whipping Cream
- Combine all crust ingredients in bowl. Press onto bottom and up sides of ungreased 9-inch glass pie pan. Bake 8 minutes. Cool completely.
- Place 1 cup strawberries in mini food processor bowl fitted with metal blade; process until pureed. Pour into 2-cup glass measuring cup; add water to equal 1 cup. Combine sugar and cornstarch in 2-quart saucepan. Stir in pureed strawberry mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 5-10 minutes or until mixture thickens and comes to a full boil. Boil 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and salt. Cool 10 minutes.
- Place remaining strawberries into large bowl. Pour cooked strawberry mixture over strawberries; toss lightly to coat. Pour strawberry filling into cooled pie crust. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or until mixture is set.
- Beat chilled whipping cream in chilled bowl at high speed, scraping bowl often, until stiff peaks form.
- Garnish pie with whipped cream. Store refrigerated.