- 2 tbsp. butter or olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup diced red pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- ¾ cup Borden® Cheese Thick Cut Mild Cheddar Cheese Shreds, divided
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- PREHEAT oven to 350o F (175o C).
- MELT butter or oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, mushrooms and red pepper; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in spinach and basil; cook 2 minutes or just until spinach is wilted. Spread evenly in bottom of 9-inch pie plate; top with ¼ cup of the cheese.
- WHISK eggs, milk, salt and pepper in large bowl just until blended. Pour into pie plate.
- BAKE 24 to 25 minutes or until nearly set. Top with remaining ½ cup of cheese; continue baking 3 to 4 minutes or until egg is set and cheese is melted.