Recipe At A Glance
What a great way to use it up! Make great use of your English muffins by making fluffy, fabulous French toast.
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 English muffins, halved
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Powdered sugar
- Fresh raspberries
- Maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- In a large, shallow casserole dish combine the milk, cream, eggs, sugar and vanilla. Whisk to combine. Add the English muffin halves to the mixture and soak, flipping a few times, until thoroughly saturated. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat the butter in a large nonstick skillet set to medium-high heat. When the foam subsides, add the muffin halves and cook on the first side for about 1 minute or until golden. Flip and continue cooking until muffins are golden brown on the other side. Place the browned muffins on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar, fresh raspberries and maple syrup.