- Vanilla Flavored Activia Lowfat Yogurt
- angel food cake
- fresh strawberries
- whipped cream
mini trifle cups
- Slice your strawberries lengthwise and place them in a medium-sized bowl.
- Next, using a cookie cutter (or one of your trifle cups), cut out two slices of cake per trifle that you plan to make. So if making 4 trifles total, you want to cut out 8 circular slices of cake.
- Grab your mini trifle cup and add in the sliced (or cubed) cake, your strawberries, and a dollop of yogurt.
- Repeat these ingredients again and after adding in the yogurt, place your trifles in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
- Once you are ready to serve your trifles, remove them from the fridge, top them with whipped cream, and enjoy!
You could also cut your strawberries into smaller pieces if you prefer more berries in your mini trifle.
If you’d like a sweeter mini trifle, you can ‘marinate your strawberries’ by tossing them in lemon juice and sugar. Then cover them, and place them in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
You could also opt to cut your cake into small cubes and use a handful for each cake layer.
Once assembled the mini trifles can be stored for up to two days in the fridge, so be sure to tell your guests in case they would like to take one to go!