- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 medium garlic cloved pressed
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (big or small pinch, depending on how much heat your crowd likes)
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 package Rosina Italian Style Meatballs (1/2 ounce size)
- 6 sub, brat, or hot dog buns
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a medium skillet or saucepan, heat olive oil on medium heat for 15 seconds, then add garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add crushed tomatoes and stir well; add salt and sugar and stir again until combined
- Add entire package of Rosina Italian Style Meatballs to sauce, stirring so meatballs are covered in sauce.
- Cover pan and cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Move oven rack to top position, and heat the broiler to HIGH.
- Spoon saucy meatballs into buns, top with cheese, and place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes, checking frequently to make sure they don’t burn.