Recipe At A Glance
Not sure what to do with your leftover turkey from Thanksgiving? Throw it into this pot pie from Chef Billy Parisi for an easy-to-make dish that’s full of flavor and will hit the spot!
- 3 cups of chopped cooked turkey
- 1 bag of Green Giant frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cooked and chopped sweet potato
- 1 cooked and chopped Idaho potato OR (1 cup refrigerated Simply Potatoes pre-diced potatoes)
- 1 diced onion
- 2 oz. of Land O Lakes unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp. of flour
- 32 oz. of chicken stock
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 sheet of frozen Athens phyllo dough
- 1 Tbsp. of chopped fresh thyme
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of milk
- In a large pot on high heat with ½ ounce of butter add in the onion and caramelize. Once brown add in the remaining butter.
- After it’s completely melted add in the flour and combine.
- Next add in the stock and bring to a boil while occasionally whisking. It will become like very thick gravy. Once it is boiling turn the heat down to simmering.
- Add in the cream, salt, pepper, and thyme, and keep warm.
- Place the turkey, vegetables and potatoes in a 9×13 casserole pan and pour on the herb gravy.
- Next layer the phyllo dough over the top. Since there are several layers feel free to spread them out so that the entire pan is covered.
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg and milk and brush the top of the phyllo dough.
- Bake in the oven on 350° for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot!