- 1 bag Bridgford Parkerhouse Style Rolls Dough
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 bag 4 patties Gardein Chipotle Black Bean Burger patties
- Yellow mustard
- 4 lettuce leaves of your choice cut in half
- 4 tomato slices cut in halves
- Pickles of your choice optional
- 1 - 2 avocados
- Jalapeño peppers in vinegar optional but very tasty
- Place 8 frozen Parkerhouse style rolls on a lightly greased cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Brush tops of rolls with melted butter.
- Follow the thaw and rise instructions on the package.
- I used the quick-thaw & rise method and it took 2.5 hours for them to be ready to bake.
- When the rolls are doubled in size, preheat oven to 350 °F and bake for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and from pan to cool on a wire rack. Spread some melted butter on them.
- Place frozen black bean patties on a baking sheet and bake for approx 8-10 minutes at 375 °F, turning once halfway through the cooking time, until browned and hot throughout.
- Cut each patty into four pieces. Each torta will include two pieces.
- Assemble the tortas spreading the mustard and mayonnaise on the bread and then layering lettuce, two pieces of chipotle black bean patty, tomatoes, pickles, avocado and jalapeños.
- Serve warm and enjoy your spring celebration.