- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces sweet Italian sausage, removed from the casing
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 6 large eggs
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Pico de Gallo salsa
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, breaking up the meat, until cooked through and crumbled. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add the eggs and cook until scrambled. Season with salt and pepper and remove the pan. Keep warm.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of shredded cheese in a 7-inch circle in the sauté pan. Cook over medium-high heat until the cheese is sizzling and almost completely melted, about 30 seconds. Place 1 tortilla on the melted cheese, pressing gently to spread the cheese to the edges of the tortilla. Cook, pressing down on the center of the tortilla with a spatula, until the cheese is golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add one-quarter of the crumbled sausage, then one-quarter of the scrambled eggs and 1/4 cup of the cooked rice. Slide the tortilla onto a plate and let cool for 1 minute.
- Roll up the burrito. Repeat using the remaining ingredients. Cut the burritos in half and serve with Pico de Gallo.