- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter with canola oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic; minced
- 1/2 cup white wine (optional)
- 1 (32-ounce) carton chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen pre-sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- 4 ounces grated Parmesan Reggiano (plus additional Parmesan, to taste)
Nutrition Info (Per Serving)
- Total Servings 7
- Serving Size 3/4 cup
- Calories 327
- Total Fat 8g
- Saturated Fat 5g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 14mg
- Sodium 494mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48g
- Dietary Fiber 1g
- Total Sugars 0g
- Protein 12g
- In a heavy 3-quart saucepan, heat oil and butter over MEDIUM heat. Add onion and garlic; using a flat-edge wooden spatula, stir until fragrant.
- Add rice; continue tossing 8 to 10 minutes, until rice becomes translucent and begins to develop a nutty brown color. Add wine and simmer until almost completely absorbed.
- Add 1 cup stock, stirring across the bottom of the saucepan constantly until absorbed. Add remaining stock, 1 cup at a time, scraping the bottom of the saucepan continuously until liquid is fully absorbed before adding more.
- Add the last cup of stock and stir in the mushrooms and peas. Stir gently until liquid is absorbed, vegetables are warm throughout, and rice is al dente and creamy.
- Remove from heat and add cheese, stirring to combine. Serve immediately. Garnish with additional shaved Parmesan, to taste.