Recipe At A Glance
This rich Creamy (But Creamless!) Butternut Squash Soup is thanks to Planet Oat Oatmilk!
Featured ProductPlanet Oat Original Oatmilk
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, halved and seeded
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 sweet onion, medium dice
- 1 carrot, medium dice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 celery stalks, medium dice
- 1 32-ounce container vegetable broth
- 2 cups Planet Oat Original
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with tinfoil. Rub butternut squash halves with 1 teaspoon olive oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Roast for 45 minutes to an hour, until tender and caramelized, flipping halfway through cooking time. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining teaspoon of olive oil in a large pot over medium low heat. Add onion and sweat 5 minutes until softened and translucent. Add the carrot, garlic and celery and cook until softened, about another 5 minutes.
- Add butternut squash to pot and break up with a wooden spoon into chunks. Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Stir in Planet Oat and heat over low heat until soup is warmed through. Remove from heat.
- Using an immersion blender, carefully (liquid is very hot!) blend soup until smooth.
- Alternatively, let cool, then puree in a blender. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Serve soup with croutons (homemade or store-bought), chives and toasted salted pumpkin seeds, if desired.