- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups (1 12-oz. pkg.) frozen cranberries
- Optional Pecans, orange zest, raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice
- In a saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add cranberries, return to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer for 10 minutes or until cranberries burst.
- At this point you can add optional ingredients of your choice. For example, add a cup of raisins; or a half-cup of chopped pecans mixed with orange zest; then season with spices if you wish!
- Remove from heat. Cool completely at room temperature and then chill in refrigerator.
- Cranberry sauce will thicken as it cools. Makes 2 1/4 cups.