- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 3 cups fresh corn cut from the cob
- 1 Tbsp. minced jalapeno
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced scallions, both white and green parts
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 cups French bread cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups Borden® Cheese Four Cheese Mexican Thick Cut Shreds, divided
- 9 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
*Yields 6-8 servings*
- COAT 9×13-inch pan with non-stick spray. Combine corn, jalapenos, scallions, and tomatoes together in a medium mixing bowl.
- WHISK together eggs and mayo in a separate mixing bowl, then whisk in milk, salt and pepper.
- SPREAD one-third of cubed bread in prepared baking dish (it won’t cover the bottom of the dish entirely).
- ADD one-third of corn mixture, then add Borden® Four Cheese Mexican Thick Cut Shreds. Repeat, layering twice with remaining bread, corn mixture, and cheese.
- POUR egg mixture evenly over strata.
- COVER with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or up to 1 day.
- PRE-HEAT oven to 350o F (175o C) when ready to bake.
- BAKE strata, uncovered, until golden brown, puffed and cooked through, about 45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Credit to Chef Kelsey Nixon for this recipe.
Credit to @caitlacoop for the accompanying image