- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 24 (1-inch) chunks
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen pineapple chunks, thawed and drained on paper towels, reserving 1/4 cup of chunks
- 1 (18-ounce) package frozen jumbo coconut shrimp
- 1 (5.3-ounce) mango yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 of a whole jalapeño, minced (optional)
- 1 (18-ounce) package frozen white rice
- Preheat oven to 425º degrees F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Alternately thread red pepper chunks, pineapple chunks, and shrimp onto 8 (12-inch) skewers, as shown, and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until shrimp are golden.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, combine reserved 1/4 cup pineapple chunks, the yogurt, salt, and jalapeño, if desired.
- Blend until mixture is well combined; set aside.
- Heat rice according to package directions.
- Serve shrimp skewers over rice and drizzle with pineapple sauce.
Test Kitchen Tip:
When we tested these, we used metal skewers. However, if you have wooden ones, no problem. Just make sure you soak them in cold water for at least 15 minutes before skewering everything on them and cooking. This will help ensure that they don’t burn.