- 1 stick butter, divided
- 1 (16.2-ounce) bag frozen sweet potato chunks
- 1 large apple, cored and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts (no defrosting necessary)
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 4 tablespoons butter; add potatoes and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add apple, cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and continue to cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender and begin to brown.
- Meanwhile, in another large skillet over medium heat, melt 3 tablespoons butter; add chicken and cook for 8 to 10 minutes per side or until no longer pink in center; remove to a plate.
- In the same skillet over medium-high heat, add apple cider and Dijon mustard and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until liquid is slightly thickened. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter and heat until butter is melted.
- Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter and heat until butter is melted. Place chicken back into skillet, sprinkling with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and heat for 2 minutes. Spoon glaze over chicken and serve with potatoes.
If you like your apples more tart, use a Granny Smith.