- 4 large eggs yolks
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup hazelnut spread
- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, whisk together eggs, ½ the sugar, and ¾ cup heavy cream.
- Cook over a medium-low heat, stirring approximately 3-4 minutes, but don’t allow to boil.
- Remove from heat, whisk in melted chocolate, hazelnut spread, and vanilla,
- Strain into bowl and chill.
- With an electric mixer, beat remaining 1 ¼ cups heavy cream and the remaining sugar.
- Whip until still peaks form.
- Stir in 1/3 of whipped chocolate into cooled custard mixture, then fold in the rest with a rubber spatula.
- Spoon into dishes, chill, covered for at least one hour.
- While you’re waiting for it to chill, enjoy your favorite Michael Angelo’s Italian entrée!