For the brownie bottom layer:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. instant espresso powder (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 Tbsp. of Horizon Organic Grass-Fed 2% Milk
- 5 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
For the top layers:
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup hot tap water
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 and have ready a 0.6L (about 20 ounces) small ceramic dish.
- First, make the brownie layer: In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, espresso powder (if using), and the cocoa powder.
- Stir in the milk, granulated sugar, melted butter and vanilla. The batter will be very thick.
- Spread it in an even layer in the baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, make the top layer: whisk together the cocoa powder, sugar and brown sugar.
- Sprinkle this over the brownie batter evenly.
- Pour the hot tap water on top of everything, but DO NOT STIR.
- Bake the cobbler on a small sheet pan to catch overflow for 35 minutes.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving hot with vanilla ice cream.