- 1 tablespoon olive oil or ghee
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (1/2-inch knob) ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen roasted diced chicken
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice, kept hot cooked jasmine rice, kept hot
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add onions, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, garlic, ginger, garam masala, chili powder and turmeric, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in chicken, tomato sauce and broth and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until flavors develop and chicken is fully heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream and yogurt, and cook until fully heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Garnish with cilantro, and serve with rice.