Recipe At A Glance
Borden® Cheesy Sausage & Vegetable Soup is the perfect, warm cup of soup for any chilly evening.
Featured ProductBorden® Cheese Finely Shredded Mild Cheddar Shreds
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 lb. sausage links, cut into ½ inch-thick slices
2 large yellow onions, chopped
2 to 3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 lbs. zucchini, diced
4 to 5 large carrots, cut into this slices
2 Tbsp. Borden® Butter
3 Tbsp. flour
2 cans (12 oz. each) chicken or beef broth
1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups Borden® Finely Shredded Mild Cheddar Shreds
- HEAT oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add sausage; cook and stir until browned.
- Remove sausage from skillet and keep warm.
- Add onions and garlic to skillet and cook until onions are tender.
- Stir in zucchini and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are crisptender; set aside.
- MELT butter in a large saucepan.
- Whisk in flour until it forms a paste.
- Add the broth a little at a time, whisking after each addition until the mixture is smooth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and stir in the evaporated milk and 1 cup cheese.
- Continue cooking, stirring continuously, until the cheese has melted.
- Stir in the reserved sausage and vegetable mixture.
- TOP with remaining ½ cup cheese before serving.