- 1 lb. bulk mild Italian sausage
- 1 green or yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 jar (24 to 26-oz.) marinara sauce
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups (6-oz.) uncooked penne pasta
- 1 container (15-oz.) Frigo® Whole Milk or Part-Skim Ricotta cheese
- 1 cup freshly shredded Frigo® Part Skim Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Frigo® Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped Italian parsley
Brown Italian sausage with peppers in 12-inch skillet over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink, about 12 minutes. Pour off drippings.
Stir in marinara sauce and water; bring to a boil. Stir in pasta; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, until pasta is almost tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile mix cheeses and parsley; set aside.
Spoon cheese mixture in 12 dollops on top of pasta mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until pasta is tender and cheese is slightly melted, about 15 minutes. Garnish with additional grated Parmesan cheese, as desired.