- 1 (24-ounce) bag frozen cheese ravioli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- Shredded parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
- Cook the ravioli according to package directions. Drain well, reserving 1/2 cup of cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute until softened. Add the pumpkin, heavy cream, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Stir in peas and heat 5 minutes or until heated through. Add the Italian cheese blend and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Add the ravioli to the sauce and toss well. If needed, add a little of the reserved cooking liquid to the pasta mixture to thin out sauce.
- Top with shredded parmesan cheese, if desired, and serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tip:
When it comes to the ravioli, feel free to use one that are cheese- or meat-filled, square or round, large or small. With so many frozen options available, there is something for everyone.