- 1 pkg. (19 oz.) Celentano Cheese Tortellini
- 1tsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 (1.25 oz.) packet taco seasoning packet
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can can diced tomatoes
- 1 (32 oz.) carton carton vegetable stock
- 2 cups frozen, pre-cooked chicken breast, thawed and shredded
- Optional toppings: tortilla strips, fresh cilantro, avocado, sour cream, pepper jack or cheddar cheese
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and peppers and cook for 2 minutes stirring continuously. Stir in the taco seasoning packet and cook an additional 2 minutes until seasoning is combined and vegetables are tender. Add the tomato paste, corn, beans, diced tomatoes, vegetable stock, and shredded chicken to the pot and return to a simmer. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions, drain and divide into soup bowls.
- Ladle soup over the tortellini and serve topped with desired toppings.