- 1 pkg. (19 oz.) Celentano Cheese Tortellini
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 bacon slices, diced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. tablespoons fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the tortellini according to package directions. Ladle out 1 cup of the pasta water to a small bowl, then drain pasta and set aside.
- Add the eggs, heavy cream and Parmesan cheese to a small bowl and whisk to combine, set aside.
- Add the diced bacon to a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Cook the bacon for 5-6 minutes until crispy. Remove from the pan and page dry with a paper towel.
- Reserving the bacon grease in the pan, add the shallot and garlic, cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- Working quickly, pour 2 tablespoons of the hot pasta water into the egg mixture whisking as you pour. Turn off the heat to the skillet, add the tortellini to the skillet, then add the egg and Parmesan cheese a little at a tome, tossing to combine as you add.
- Pour the reserved pasta water to the skillet a tablespoon at a time until the sauce reaches the desired consistency. Season with salt and black pepper, sprinkle with the cooked bacon.
- Divide into bowls and serve with parsley, basil and additional Parmesan cheese.