- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken (3 lb.), cut up
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes (about 2), cut into 1/2-in.-thick slices
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 2 Fuji apples, cut into 1/2-in.-thick slices
- 1 pkg. (6-oz.) Kraft® Fresh Take® Cheddar Jack & Bacon Recipe Cheese Breadcrumb Mix, mixed together
Heat oven to 375 degrees.
Heat oil in large, heavy oven-proof skillet on medium heat. Meanwhile combine flour and pepper. Add chicken, 1 piece at a time, to flour mixture, turning to evenly coat both sides of each piece. Add chicken to skillet; cook for 4 minutes on each side or until each piece is browned on both sides.
Remove chicken from skillet; set aside. Add potatoes, garlic and thyme to skillet; cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
Return chicken to skillet; cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes; top with apples and cheese mixture. Bake, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes and apples are tender and chicken is done.