MAPLE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Land O Lakes® Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil, melted, cooled
- 2 large Land O Lakes® Eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 (2 cups) firm, ripe bananas, sliced lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
- Beat cream cheese and maple syrup in medium bowl with hand mixer until well mixed and no lumps remain. Add whipping cream; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Place 13×9-inch baking pan in oven. Heat oven to 200°F.
- Heat griddle to 350°F or until drops of water sizzle on surface.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cardamom, and cinnamon in large bowl. Add buttermilk, melted butter, and eggs. Whisk just until combined. (Batter will be thick and lumpy.)
- Lightly grease or butter griddle.
- Using 1/4 cup measure, spoon batter onto griddle. Cook 2-3 minutes or until bubbles form on surface. Turn; continue cooking 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Place finished pancakes in warm baking pan in oven; cover with dry tea towel. Continue cooking pancakes in batches, keeping finished pancakes in warm oven.
- Place butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon into 12-inch nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat until bubbles begin to form. Add sliced bananas; cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thick and bananas are heated through.
- Place 1 rounded tablespoon of banana mixture onto each of 6 pancakes. Top with another pancake. Repeat with banana mixture and pancakes, using 3 pancakes per serving and ending with a pancake. Top each serving with 1/4 cup maple cream cheese mixture and spoonful of banana mixture. Serve immediately.