- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen butternut squash cubes
- 1 (14.1-ounce package) refrigerated pie crust
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place squash in a medium saucepan and fill with enough water to cover squash. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until tender; drain well and let cool.
- Meanwhile, place pie crust into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate and flute edges; set aside. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, mix cooled squash, butter, and brown sugar until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and beat until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour into pie crust and bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until firm in center. Let cool, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
Test Kitchen Tip
Garnish with whipped cream that you can easily make by combining 1 cup heavy cream and 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.