- 6 (5-oz.) frozen El Monterey Shredded Steak and Three-Cheese Burritos
- 2/3 cup enchilada sauce
- ¼ cup sour cream, plus more to serve, (optional)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Salsa to serve (optional)
- Defrost the burritos in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut the burritos in half lengthwise (cut them down the wider side), and place them filling side up in an 8×10-inch casserole dish (or one big enough to hold all 8 of the burrito halves). In a small bowl blend together the enchilada sauce, ½ cup sour cream, and jalapenos. Spread the mixture evenly over the tops of the burritos. Sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until the cheese is melted and golden, and the burritos are heated through. Serve with salsa and additional sour cream, if desired.
- Try some of the other El Monterey Burrito Varieties, such as Southwest Chipotle Chicken Burritos, Chicken & Monterey Jack Cheese Burritos or Jalapeno, Bean & Three Cheese Burritos . Or make two flavors in two separate pans for a big gathering, and let people chose.
- You can layer the casserole in the morning, by covering it and tucking it into the fridge. Bring it to room temperature while you are pre-heating the oven. Bake just before serving.
- El Monterey Chimichangas can also be used in place of the burritos: try Beef, Bean & Cheese Flavor Chimichangas or Spicy Jalapeno, Bean & Cheese Chimichangasa
- You can double this recipe and bake it in a large baking dish.