- 1 (19.6-oz.) frozen chocolate layer cake, cut into 14 even slices (Do not thaw)
- 1 qt. black cherry ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 (16-oz.) jar hot fudge sauce, divided, reserving 2 Tbsp. for drizzling
- 1 (8-oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 12 maraschino or fresh cherries
- In an 8” x 8” baking dish place half the cake slices, arranging to fit tightly.
- Spread the ice cream evenly over the cake.
- Spoon half the hot fudge sauce over ice cream and top with remaining cake slices.
- Spoon remaining hot fudge sauce over cake then top with whipped topping.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze 3 to 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Warm reserved hot fudge sauce, drizzle over cake and garnish with cherries.