- 1 1/2 cups Land O Lakes® Butter, softened
- 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. Land O Lakes® Half & Half
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- Set butter on counter 30 - 60 minutes before using to soften.
- Beat butter in bowl at medium speed until creamy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar and salt alternately with half & half and vanilla, beating at low speed and scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Beat at medium speed 1- 2 minutes or until creamy, smooth and fluffy
Chocolate Frosting: Stir in 2 to 3 squares melted and cooled unsweetened baking chocolate.
Lemon or Orange Frosting: Stir in 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon or orange zest.
Creamy Coconut Frosting: Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut extract or flavoring.
If necessary, add half & half, one tablespoon at a time, until desired spreading consistency.