Bell Pepper Crustless Quiches
When paired with vegetables, eggs make a great basis for a protein-packed meal that has a lot of nutrients. This easy, delicious recipe is one of our favorites.
Over 30 minutes
Recipe Provided By:
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1 small onion, diced
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• ½ pound of asparagus, trimmed and diced
• 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
• 3 cups fresh spinach
• 4 bell peppers (any color)
• 6 NestFresh Eggs
• ¼ cup low-fat milk
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon pepper
• 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. In a large pan, sauté onion and garlic in hot olive oil for 3 minutes while stirring.
2. Add asparagus, mushrooms, and spinach and sauté until spinach has wilted.
3. Remove pan from heat and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
5. Rinse and dry bell peppers.
6. Slice the tops off of the bell peppers and remove seeds.
7. Place peppers in a square baking dish.
8. In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper together with a fork. Add cheese.
9. Carefully spoon ¼ of the vegetable mixture into each pepper.
10. Pour egg mixture over the vegetables until each pepper is full, leaving an inch of space at the top.
11. Cook peppers for 50 minutes.
12. Enjoy immediately or later at room temperature.