- 2 sticks softened unsalted Land O’ Lakes butter + 4 teaspoons
- 2 finely minced cloves of garlic
- ½ peeled small diced shallot
- 1/3 cup minced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup finely minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely minced rosemary
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper + more to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 8- ounce filet mignons or 1 16-ounce filet
- In a medium size bowl whisk together the 2 sticks of butter, garlic, shallots, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, rosemary, 2 teaspoons of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a sheet of parchment paper and roll up until it forms a long cylinder. Twist the edges to tighten the butter roll and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a hot sauté pan over medium high heat until it begins to lightly smoke.
- Add the filets along with 4 teaspoons of butter and cook for 3-4 minutes per side for a rare to medium rare internal temperature.
- Remove the filets and serve with slices of the frozen sun-dried tomato herb butter.