- 4 cups (12 oz.) mostaccioli
- 1 pound Italian sausage or ground beef
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 package (8 oz.) Borden® Whole Milk Mozzarella Shreds, divided
- 3 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- COOK pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot.
- PREHEAT oven to 375o F (190o C).
- COOK sausage and onion in large skillet over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes or until meat is browned, stirring occasionally. Drain fat, if necessary. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce and seasoning; simmer 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- POUR meat sauce into pasta; mix well. Place half of pasta mixture in 9×13-inch baking dish; top with 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese, remaining pasta mixture, remaining Mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- BAKE 20 to 22 minutes or until heated through.