Recipe At A Glance
Pimento cheese is back, and we couldn’t be more thrilled! Adding chopped bacon and grilling it between Texas toast might be the best idea we’ve had in a while.
Featured ProductLand O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil
- 1 (3/4-inch thick) slice LAND O LAKES® Deli American, shredded
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup diced pimentos
- 1 cup chopped, cooked bacon
- 8 slices Texas toast bread
- 8 teaspoons LAND O LAKES® Butter with Canola Oil
- Combine all Pimento Cheese ingredients in bowl; mix until well combined.
- Spread 1 side of each bread slice with 1 teaspoon butter with canola oil. Spread 1/2 cup pimento cheese mixture onto each unbuttered side of 4 slices bread. Top with remaining bread slices, buttered-side up.
- Heat 12-inch skillet or griddle over medium heat. Place sandwiches into skillet. Cook, turning once, 6-8 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Repeat with any remaining sandwiches.
If you have thin sliced Deli American fresh from the deli, finely chop it for the pimento mixture.