- 1- bag Rosina Swedish Style Meatballs (½ oz. size), cut in half*
- 2 large onions, sliced or chopped
- 5 apples, peeled, cored and quartered (Empire or Granny Smith apples)
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- ½ cup apple juice
- Optional ingredients for garnish: dried cranberries, pomegranate or apple
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a 4-quart casserole dish, cover and bake for 1½ – 1¾ hours or until onions are soft. Stir occasionally while cooking.
- If using a crockpot, cook on high for 3 hours.
- Serving suggestion: Serve over baked acorn squash or cooked rice. Garnish with dried cranberries, pomegranate seeds or apple slices.
*For a different flavor, substitute with Rosina Italian Turkey or Homestyle Meatballs.