- 6 medium (6 cups) apples, peeled, cored, sliced
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup uncooked old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 cup cold LAND O LAKES® Butter, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup honey-roasted sliced almonds
- Vanilla ice cream, if desired
Heat oven to 375°F. Combine apples, cranberries and sugar in large bowl; mix well. Place mixture into ungreased 9-inch square (2-quart) baking dish.
Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger in medium bowl; cut in Land O' Lakes® Butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in sliced almonds. Sprinkle mixture over apples. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown.
Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
Select an apple variety recommended for baking or use a combination of baking apples such as Granny Smith, McIntosh and Braeburn.
Honey-roasted sliced almonds are usually found in the produce aisle of the supermarket.