- 1 (32-oz.) pkg. frozen crinkle cut French fries
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups beef broth
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. browning and seasoning sauce
- 1/2 (8-oz.) pkg. white cheddar cheese
- Place French fries on a baking sheet and coat them with cooking spray and bake according to the package directions. Spraying them will make them extra crispy.
- Meanwhile, to make the gravy, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add flour and whisk until smooth and the mixture turns golden in color.
- Slowly whisk in broth, salt, and pepper; continue stirring until mixture comes to a boil and begins to thicken. Stir in the browning and seasoning sauce. This gives the sauce a nice rich color.
- In order to recreate the look of cheese curds, rather than cutting the cheese into chunks, we suggest breaking off 1/2-inch pieces of the cheese. The rough uneven edges makes these look just like cheese curds.
- Place French fries on a platter, top with chunks of cheese and drizzle with gravy. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tip:
If you are short on time and rather not make homemade gravy, no worries. You can use a jar of beef gravy instead. Just warm it up and pour it on.