- 6 Tbsp. LAND O LAKES® Butter, softened
- 1 large (about 4 cups) onion, cut in half, thinly sliced
- 2-oz. (1/4 cup) blue cheese crumbles
- 8 slices Texas Toast
- 1/2 lb. sliced deli roast beef
- 8 (3/4-oz.) slices LAND O LAKES® Deli American Cheese
Melt 2 tablespoons Land O’ Lakes® Butter in 10-inch skillet over medium-low heat. Add onions; cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are deep golden brown (10 to 11 minutes). Remove from heat. Stir in blue cheese crumbles; set aside.
To assemble sandwiches, layer 1 side of 4 bread slices each with 1/4 roast beef, 2 slices American cheese and 1/4 caramelized onions mixture. Top with remaining bread slices.
Spread outside of each sandwich with remaining butter.
Heat 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Place sandwiches into skillet. Cook, turning once, until sandwiches are golden brown (4 to 6 minutes). Repeat as needed with remaining sandwiches.