- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Coarse black pepper for sprinkling
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 slices rustic sourdough bread or any hearty bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place bacon on baking sheet and sprinkle evenly with brown sugar and pepper. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- Meanwhile, place cottage cheese in food processor or blender and process until smooth. Toast bread and spread evenly with about 1/4 cup whipped cottage cheese.
- Cut bacon in half and place on cottage cheese. Top with an egg cooked to your preference (fried, scrambled or even poached). Sprinkle with scallions and black pepper, if desired.
This recipe makes 4 servings of whipped cottage cheese, so save the rest in the fridge for later in the week and try experimenting with different toppings.