- 2 large ripe Heirloom tomatoes, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Borden Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Galbani Whole Milk Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Sargento Shredded Aged Italian Cheese Blend
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Lay the tomato slices on a large sheet of paper towels, cover with another layer of paper towels and allow the tomatoes to drain for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, unfold the puff pastry onto a floured surface. Gently roll the dough out to remove the seams; do not roll too thin, just enough to make it smooth.
- Transfer the dough to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and use a fork to prick the dough all over, to prevent it from puffing during baking.
- Spread the mayonnaise in a thin layer over the entire sheet of puff pastry. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheeses over the mayonnaise.
- Arrange the tomato slices over the cheese and season the tomatoes generously with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the shredded Italian Blend cheese over the top of the tomatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden-brown. Remove the tart from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes, to set.
- Cut into squares and serve warm.